Take a moment to review the server requirements before installation or you may encounter issues when using WeCodeArt Framework. If you need a new host or don’t have one yet see our recommended hosts who can get you set up with WeCodeArt right away.
With WeCodeArt activated several items are added to your site for it to function properly:
- New menu items.
- New widgets.
- New Customizer options and field types.
If you have an existing site and want to install WeCodeArt Framework, using the WordPress Admin is the most straightforward option as it handles everything for you.
To install WeCodeArt Framework:
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to: Themes > Add New.
- Search for “WeCodeArt Framework”.
- Select Install Now when you see it’s by WeCodeArt.
On a multisite install, WeCodeArt Framework acts like most any other theme. Each site in the network, although sharing a database, stores its information in separate tables. Thus, each site is a separate setup.
Reverting to a previous version of the theme
We always recommend using the latest version of all plugins and extensions on your site for security reasons. Not to mention to take advantage of any features and functionality now available, so this section is for guidance only.
To use a previous version of WeCodeArt Framework:
- Disable and delete the current theme.
- Restore a previous backup of your site’s database.
- Download a previous version of WeCodeArt Framework under the Advanced View.
- Upload the previous version under Themes > Add New.
- Activate the previous version of WeCodeArt Framework.
Uninstalling WeCodeArt Framework
There are two things to understand when uninstalling or removing WeCodeArt Framework.
- If you deactivate and delete the plugin from WordPress, you only remove the plugin and its files.
- If you need to remove ALL WeCodeArt Framework data including theme options, please use remove_theme_mods() in your theme functions.php before uninstalling it.